Thursday, January 8, 2015

5 Products to Nourish Your Skin in Winter

Below freezing temperatures have finally zapped my skin of its sun kissed glow.  To keep my naturally dry skin glowing throughout the winter I liberally use these five products.

1.     Argan Oil is a staple this winter.  I apply argan oil as a night cream or as a serum under my regular moisturizer when I feel my skin is extra dry from time spent outside in the cold and sun.  Argan oil is deeply absorbed into the skin without clogging pores making it helpful for all skin types.  It also provides your skin with loads of antioxidants and repairs sun damage helping skin to stay supple and looking young. 
 
2.     Jojoba oil I use both as a cleanser and makeup remover.  By this point in the winter, I find my usual cleanser leaves my skin too dry.  To make it more nourishing I add a bit of jojoba oil to my cleanser.  I will also use jojoba oil alone at night as a combination makeup remover and cleanser.  Simply take a small amount and rub it all over your face and rinse.  It removes everything, yet leaves the skin soft and moisturized.

3.     Caudalie Grape Water sets makeup beautifully and refreshes the skin with a light mist of water.  I keep it on my bathroom sink and often carry a travel size water spray by Evian in my purse.   I use it after I apply my makeup in the morning and throughout the day to refresh my skin and restore its glow. 

4.     Bobbi Brown lip balm is a must to keep my lips from becoming chapped.  I load it on at night right before bed so that it can be slowly absorbed through the night.  By morning, my lips are ready for cold, wind, dry heat, and the darker, more drying, lipsticks I’m so fond of during winter.


5.     La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask is my newest love.  I started using this mask in the fall.  It is applied on clean skin, allowed to absorb for eight minutes, and then you can continue with your normal serums and moisturizers.  This mask is amazing.  I leaves my skin smooth, hydrated, and supple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment